For online sales lead generation, directing traffic to your site is the end-goal of an effective marketing strategy. But to turn those leads to conversions, your call-to-action (CTA) plans must focus keenly on the specific action you want consumers to take, so that your online sales lead generation program turns leads into highly coveted qualified leads.
As your business develops its online sales lead generation strategy, consider the effectiveness of your CTAs. If a CTA doesn’t meet these objectives, tweak it to improve results.
A strong CTA should be:
- Well positioned: The CTA should show up in the “screenshot” or web-page view in which your offer opens. This space is called “above the fold,” because it’s the space consumers will see without having to scroll down the page, which they aren’t likely to do.
- Clear: Use simple language and make the offer clear, whether you’re offering a free report, a how-to guide or webinar. To be effective, however, the offer should also clearly convey the benefit consumers will receive by clicking through the CTA, the goal of online sales lead generation.
- Combined with an image: Images will attract the eye of a consumer more easily than a text-only offer, so combine an inviting, compelling image with your call-to-action.
- Use color: The CTA should stand out from the rest of the text and images on the page, so use contrasting colors to your website’s color scheme. If the CTA blends in with its color scheme, it won’t stand out.
- Hyperlinked: Every CTA should have a link that leads consumers to the landing page for the specific offer, email opt-in list or free report. Without a link, it’ll be that much harder for consumers to find what you’re offering, and they’ll be likely to abandon the process, driving online sales lead generation numbers down.
- In every blog post: If your business has several available offers, consider adding a CTA to every blog post that you produce. In that way, you can tailor the CTA for each blog, according to which offer best suits the content.
For greatest impact, carefully develop your call-to-action strategy, and watch your online sales lead generation grow incrementally.