More businesses are turning back to proven marketing methods, such as e-newsletters. An upgraded form of the traditional printed and mailed newsletter, an e-newsletter is a cost-effective method to reach existing and new customers.
Businesses that blog are uniquely positioned to take advantage of the benefits of e-newsletters. You see, you can easily take blog articles you’ve already posted, and repurpose them for use in your e-newsletter, which allows you to specifically target an event or topic.
If you’re not yet sure if e-newsletters are right for your business, consider these five benefits that they afford:
- Ownership – Unlike other social media tools, where your customers can easily miss your Tweets or updates simply due to the way these platforms work, using e-mail to deliver your newsletter will put your message at your customers’ fingertips.
- Security – Unlike the information you put out on other social media platforms, the e-newsletters you develop will belong to you — indefinitely. Should Facebook suddenly fold or for some reason your account becomes suspended, none of the information in which you’ve invested will belong to you — it will disappear.
- Content – An e-newsletter gives you more flexibility in terms of length to create, for instance, more detailed educational pieces. Within Twitter, you’re confined to a mere 140 characters, and effective blog postings should generally be within the 350- to 400-word range for readability. And while these other mediums can work successfully within their confines, an e-newsletter can give your business a way to strategically expand or emphasize a product, service or event.
- Targeting – E-mail is uniquely suited to testing what works, as it’s a low-cost way to deliver content, depending on the service you use. And the options for targeting certain consumer groups are nearly endless. You can choose to send e-newsletters based on a number of criteria, including region, interest or age/gender.
- High-quality leads – In order to receive your e-newsletter, your readers will have to take at least a few steps to sign up for the service. And in today’s fast-paced, information-saturated world, businesses have found that consumers that join an e-mail list are more committed and ready to buy, as they’ve proven their interest by releasing personal contact information.
Join a proven way to boost sales, and develop a plan to add e-newsletters to your stable of marketing tools.