So you’ve decided to start a blog for your business. The first step is deciding which blogging service to use. There are several options available, many of which are free or very affordable, but there are some distinct differences between the various features that they offer. When comparing blog services, add Tumblr to your list, but make sure that you fully understand the demographics and available tools.
Approximately half of the people who use Tumblr are under 25, and many in that group are teenagers or college students. That demographic could be perfect for your business. Or not. That said, the service hosts more than 45 million blogs, so the other half of users over age 25 numbers in the millions.
One of the best things about using Tumblr for your blog is its ease of use. You can do your work from a user-friendly dashboard or add posts from a smartphone app, email or text message. You can even call in an audio post. In addition to these convenient posting options, you may find these other attributes useful:
- Design – Choose from hundreds of free themes or create one to match your brand identity.
- Versatility – Unlike Facebook and Twitter (which mainly focus on short comments) or a traditional blog (whose content is generally wordier), Tumblr lets you have the best of both worlds.
- Descriptive domains – You can choose your own domain. This is not only great for SEO, but it also makes your blog site look more professional.
- Search Engine Optimization - Using built-in SEO tools, you can shape your blog so that it snags better search engine rankings. Potential customers will be able to find your blog more easily.
- Free - And free really means free. There are no ads or unwanted links on your page. It’s all yours and it’s totally free.
- Social integration - You can set up your blog to automatically post to Twitter and Facebook. Save a few extra steps while reaching a broader audience.
No matter which blog platform you choose, content marketing remains the same: You need high-quality posts on a regular basis. But find the tools that best suit your needs.