There are numerous ways to get your business website noticed. One of them is the presence of inbound links, which simply means that other sites link to yours, indicating that your content is important and relevant. Search engines assign a rank to your website based on the quality and quantity of these links, which can move you up in results pages and enable improved visibility for your site, products and services.
How can you make this happen? By:
- Creating a blog. Update visitors with news about your business and publish content relevant to the interests of your existing and potential customers. The more content you provide, the more opportunities other websites have to create inbound links.
- Using social media. Share your content on networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook. Provide buttons that encourage visitors to share your website content.
- Exchanging links with other sites that have content related to your company. This will boost your site’s rank and expose your website to new sales opportunities.
- Providing content for blogs or other sites that focuses on topics relevant to your business. Many blogs and websites allow you to add an inbound link to your site within a guest post.
- Offering free downloads in exchange for inbound links. Depending on your business, this may be content such as a free ebook, software or other digital products.
- Creating an affiliate program for your products or services. Other websites can post an affiliate link to your website and earn a small commission on successful sales.
- Submitting your website link to online directories. Directory sites such as DMOZ.org and SoMuch.com allow you to list your website link under specific categories. Some directories may require payment or a reciprocal link.
- Encouraging visitors to link to your site. They may even link to your site automatically, especially if your content is strong and related to their interests.
By publishing useful content and connecting to visitors, bloggers and webmasters, you can build a network of organic inbound links to your business website. Along with social media networking, this will increase your traffic, online exposure and search engine placement, allowing your website to flourish over time.
Link Image via Shutterstock.