Your social media profile is part of your overall brand presence. When current and potential customers want to learn more about your business, giving them as many options as possible increases the likelihood that they will engage. Twitter is one of the social media tools that has become ubiquitous; if you don’t have a Twitter profile, you could be missing out on valuable opportunities.
Having a Twitter presence, and more importantly, actively participating in the conversations about your products, company or industry has several direct and indirect benefits.
- Direct benefits: Reach more customers, control your brand image and respond to questions or comments about your business.
- Indirect benefits: Increase your overall social media profile and Web presence by having more links to your site, more online mentions of your business and a greater brand presence in your industry.
How to tweet
Creating a Twitter profile is free and easy. Just go to Twitter.com and follow these simple steps:
- Enter your name, email address and a new password.
- Create a username, ideally a word or phrase that reflects your business.
- Click the button to create your new account.
- Build your profile and remember that the more information you provide, the easier it will be for new customers to find you.
- Include a picture or graphic, such as your company logo.
- Follow other Twitter users who are relevant to your industry; you can search keywords and phrases to help you find other profiles of interest.
- Find new followers by promoting your Twitter profile on your blog, website, print materials, newsletters and other marketing materials.
See how easy it is to create a new social media profile? The trick is to come up with ways to keep your audience engaged on an ongoing basis. In addition to posting informational updates, you can hold contests, offer rewards for commenting or implement any other creative ideas you come up with.
Image via Shutterstock.