The following is compliments from my friend Sage Lewis. A good reminder for any small business owner.
- 80% of all Internet users go immediately to a search engine when online.
- 30-40% of users click on the ﬁrst organic listing.
- 62% of search users click a link on the first page of search engine results.
- Years to reach 50 millions users: Radio, 38 years; TV, 13 years; Internet, 4 years; iPod, 3 years. Facebook added 100 million users in less than nine months; iPhone applications hit 1 billion in nine months.
- 77% of search users choose organic over paid listings when searching, 67% choose organic search when purchasing.
- 40% of SEO campaigns aware of their ROI achieve returns in excess of 500%, while only 22% of PPC campaigns were able to achieve this value.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s fourth largest, between the United States and Indonesia.
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55- to 65-year-old females.
- Social media has overtaken porn as the number one activity on the Web.
What makes all this work? Consistent and compelling content marketing.